910 Dale Street

Emil F. Latt House

910 dale.JPGContributing, 1919.
One-story bungalow with a front gable roof with knee braces. Attached front porch with front gable roof. A portion of the porch at the northeast corner appears to be rebuilt, with a new shed roof. Small addition at southwest corner built after 1954. Single shoulder side brick chimney, brick foundation, one-over-one windows, multi-light front door. Small level lot. Emil F. Latthad built this house and lived there with wife Gayle through 1940. In the 1930s Latt was secretary-treasurer of Hendersonville Supply & Coal Company. From 1941 to 1944 Acie Jones, a contractor, lived here. Garrison B. Maneval, a foreman, and wife Anne lived here from 1945 to1952. From 1952, O. Raymond Latt lived in the house.
(Sanborn maps, city directories, oral history interview with current owner, whose family built this house)

Document Actions

Filed under: