822 Dale Street

Frank Klipple House

House. Contributing, ca. 1925.
Two-story front gable house which probably originally was an outbuilding to 824 Dale Street (#39). Projecting screened porch bay on second floor cantilevers out over first floor at northeast corner. Brick foundation, four-vertical-over-one windows, four-light-over panel front door.

Frank Klipple of Florida bought the lot from the Hendersonville Development Company in 1924. From 1937 to 1938 Quincy Sherill, a mill worker, and wife Eloise, and Evan Sparks, a carpenter, and wife Maude lived here. From 1939 to 1940 James L. Pressley with Wing Paper Box Company and wife Alice, and Lloyd G. Ward, a mechanic at Super Service Garage, and wife Madelene lived in the house. Harry E. Drake with Pure Oil Service Station and wife Adele lived here from 1941 to 1942 along with Thad B. Page, a painter at Hunter Chevrolet, and wife Annie. Jesse H. Laughter, employed with the State Highway Department, and wife Madge lived herefrom 1943 to 1944. James C. Phillips, a tinner, and wife Pauline, and Allard J. Ravan, an agent with Imperial Life Insurance Company, and wife Inez lived in the house from 1945 to 1946. Gerald Wright Phillips lived here from 1948 to 1949, and Clarence S. Thompson, a driver with Kalmia Dairy, and wife Lois lived here from 1950 to at least 1952. Beginning in 1952 Mrs. Mary Gilgram lived in the house with the Thompsons.
(Sanborn maps, city directories, Henderson County Deed Book 121, p. 335)

Document Actions