1210 Hyman Avenue

William C. McKay House

Contributing, by 1922.
1210hyVernacular cottage style one and one-half story house with a cross gable roof and front gable roof dormer at the front. Engaged, wraparound porch has been modified considerably. Original posts have been replaced with iron posts, and a two-car garage, built sometime after 1954, infills a portion on the southwest corner. Walls are brick veneer. Windows are one-over-one. Front door may be a replacement. Original outbuilding is gone. House set at a diagonal, facing almost due west. William Celetta and wife, part-time residents of Thomasville, Georgia, lived here from 1926 to 1927. Mrs. McKay, then a widow, lived here through 1938. Franklin J. Watt, also a part-time Georgia resident, lived here from 1939 to 1940. The house was vacant for a while, and from 1945 to 1949 William J. and Margaret Powell lived here. Good condition.
(Sanborn maps, city directories)

Document Actions