1628 Norwood Place
Contributing, by 1926.
Two and one-half story plus basement house late Queen Anne. Cross gable roof with flared gable ends, steeply pitched. Irregular floor plan and wraparound porch, partially enclosed on the northwest corner. Walls are replacement aluminum siding, with some window and door detail lost due to this siding. Basement walls are brick. Central brick chimney. Windows are three-vertical-over-one, single, double, and triple. Front door is multi-light-over-panel with sidelights. Deck added on north side. Large wooded lot drops away to the rear. Gravel drive and picket fence. Mrs. Virginia W. Twyford, widow of Henry Twyford, lived here from 1937 to 1942. John L. and Virginia T. Briggs lived here from 1943 to 1944. R. D. Drake, an employee at Enka, and wife Margaret lived here from 1945 to at least 1949. Good condition.
(Sanborn maps, city directories)