417 7th Avenue

417 7thBetween 1908-1912. 
One-story brick commercial building which wraps around the corner of 7th Avenue and Maple Street. Elaborate brick cornice, with rows of drip corbelling and rows of dentil pattern below. Modern glass storefront. Now used as the Salvation Army Family Thrift Store.

417 7th Avenue is typical of the early 20th century commercial development of the depot area of Hendersonville. The area has declined due to the elimination of passenger rail traffic, but neglect has preserved some of the early 20th century character of this section of town. This structure served as a restaurant and grocery store in its earliest years.

Document Actions